The Extended Task Manager provides additional Windows process management features and information about disk activity and network port usage.
The new "Disk I/O" chart allows you to monitor which applications utilize most of your disk at the moment:
The network port monitoring feature allows you to see who is connected to your computer and from which IP address, and who you are connecting to:
Another useful feature is the ability to locate Windows processes that lock a specific file. For example if you are unable to delete or rename a file, you can quickly find how it is used and possibly exit or kill the application that locks it:
The free Extended Task Manager includes various other features that make it a great alternative to the standard Windows Task Manager.
Extended Task Manager features:
- Displays disk input/output activity with information about related applications
- Displays network port activity with IP addresses of external computers
- Displays information about applications that utilized most of the CPU or memory at any time presented on the charts
- Displays all files locked by a select process.
- Finds all processes locking a specified file.
- Includes "Summary" tab for quickly assessing the overall state of the Windows system
- Allows freezing individual Windows processes
- Offer various visual and functional improvements over the standard Windows Task Manager