The Free Video Converter allows you to convert, split, merge and edit your
movie files. It supports wide variety of video formats from AVI to Flash (FLV)
and high-definition movies (MTS) captured with new HD cameras. The simple and
intuitive interface makes it easy to perform basic conversion tasks, while
supporting additional features like joining and splitting movie clips, and batch
conversion for converting multiple movies in one step.
Sample Converted Video at 300 Kbps (a bit of San Diego)
Free Video Converter features:
- Opens and converts from the following file formats: AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4,
MPG, MPEG, MTS, RM, RMVB, QT, WMV, and others recognized by your computer
- Converts to the following output format: AVI, MP4, MPEG1, MPEG2, QuickTime
- Easy and simple user interface including the movie preview area, timeline
and editing area, and video clip management area.
- Supports splitting or merging multiple videos by selecting movie sections
to be merged or split.
- Supports the new high-definition high-quality format H.264, including
multi-pass conversion for even higher quality. This allows creating best
quality movies at minimum size.
- Provides predefined conversion settings for instant conversion to movie
formats supported by YouTube, iPod, iPhone, HDTV, and Web pages (Flash).
- Supports saving custom conversion settings.
- Supports movie scaling (resizing), deinterlacing, and changing
- Supports batch mode to quickly convert multiple movies or selections to a
single or separate output files.
- Supports saving and loading movie conversion projects.
- Creates HTML pages that play converted videos as Flash movies (FLV) for
easy publishing to the Web.
- Absolutely free - nothing to buy!